Applying for the grant, collecting and distributing the assets
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter.
We will handle the full process for you. This includes
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Issue the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and securely send two copies to you
- Collect and distribute all assets in the estate
[There must be a valid will, there is no more than one property, there are no more than 3 bank or building society accounts, there are no other intangible assets other than 3 bank accounts and cash].
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court or search fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Anticipated Disbursements not included in the fee
- Probate application fee of £155.00
- £7.00 Swearing of the oath (per executor)
- Bankruptcy Land Charges Department searches (£2.00 per beneficiary)
- £250.00 Post in The London Gazette in a Local Newspaper – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors. (this is an estimate as it may vary by location )
Potential additional costs
- If there is no will or the estate consists of any share holdings there is likely to be additional costs that could range significantly on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more accurate quote once we have more information
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
The hourly rate in £255.00 plus vat per hour.
Generally it is very difficult to estimate the amount of time required to complete the administration as it is not always clear at the outset whether complicated issues will arise.
We charge an additional value element to reflect the complexity of the matter, the responsibility involved in dealing with the administration and the value of the estate.
We charge between 0.5-1.5% of the gross value of the deceased’s estate, fee is dependent on the complexity and the length of time taken to complete the matter.
At your first consultation we will we calculate our charges where possible and give you a detailed breakdown of estimated costs. In litigation matters you may be able to recover your costs from the opposing party if you win your case, however this does not apply to every matter and professional advise will be given in respect to this.
Our hourly rates are listed below:
Senior solicitors £275 plus vat per hour
Junior Solicitors and Fee Earners £255 plus vat per hour
Paralegals £175 plus vat per hour
Wills & Trusts
Our fees for drafting a basic Will start from £275.00 plus VAT
Basic Mirror Wills from £500.00 plus VAT
Single Will with a Trust start from £995.00 plus VAT
Private Funding of Family Cases
In all the privately funded cases, we aim to offer fair and reasonable prices. If you are consulting us about Court proceedings, we can offer you fixed fee packages and can discuss these with you.
We keep things as transparent as possible so that there are no hidden extras. Please note that it is not possible for us to discount court fees or other disbursements. We regularly use barristers chambers and have good relationship with counsel, therefore, we aim to provide you competitive rates should you require counsel to represent you at court.
Our hourly rates are listed below:
Senior Solicitors / Senior Fee Earners / Senior Family Law Executives £255.00 plus vat per hour
Junior Solicitors / Fee Earners / Litigation Executives £205.00 plus vat per hour
Paralegals £165 plus vat per hour
High Net Worth Divorce upwards of £295.00 plus vat per hour (for cases involving Companies / Complex Business Structures)
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT CARRY OUT ANY LEGAL AID WORK AS WE DO NOT HOLD A LEGAL AID FRANCHISE
Please select “Get an Instant Quote” tab at the top right hand of the page to obtain an instant quote.